Adaptive Outdoor Adventure
To provide opportunities for participants to engage in a variety of activities within a Recreation Therapy facilitated program to enhance leisure exploration, healthy challenges, and continued involvement in the rehabilitation process, overall quality of life, and the ability to establish new life goals for continued growth.
- Be current Wellness Center members OR currently Peer Mentors or Life Coaches with the Know Barriers program.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Have completed an inpatient or outpatient program at Rancho and discharged to an off grounds placement OR be current outpatients at Rancho who are current Wellness Center members and are participating in the activities outside of their PT/OT/ST programs.
- Sign Rancho Liability Waivers and Adaptive Outdoor Adventure Code of Conduct in addition to the Wellness Center paperwork.
- Sign program liability waivers, paperwork, and/or doctor’s consent forms prior to participation in programs with this requirement.
- Provide own transportation to and from activities and outings.
- Pay for own activities & sign up in advance to reserve their spot for activities.
- Deadline for registration is two days prior to date of activity.
Adaptive Outdoor Adventure Activities include:
- Adaptive Cycling
- Adaptive Rock Climbing
- Adaptive Rowing
- Adaptive Trail Exploration
- Big Bear Winter/Summer Trip
- Billiards/Ping Pong/Bowling
- Camp Fire Experience: Ropes Course, Archery, Camp Fire Cookout
- Colorado Winter/Summer Trip
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Golf Clinic
- Mammoth Winter/Summer Trip
- Therapeutic Horseback Riding
- Whale Watching
Please note that due to the skill-set of some activities, an equipment skill evaluation may be scheduled to ensure the participants functional and physical ability of activity. Pick up a calendar in the Resource Room of the Don Knabe Wellness Center.
For More Information Please Contact: Becky Bershtel (562) 385- 6398 or Tiffany Yonemoto (562) 385-6322